The rollout will begin in late April and includes the following products:
- MusicCast 20 and MusicCast 50 wireless speakers
- MusicCast BAR 400 sound bar
- RX-Ax80 series AV receivers
- RX-Vx85 series AV receivers
- RX-S602 slimline AV receiver
- ATS-4080 sound bar
- TSR-7850 AV receiver
- CX-A5200 AV preamp/processor
- XDA-QS5400 MusicCast multi-room streaming amplifier
AirPlay 2 will allow for Yamaha's home audio products to work with other AirPlay 2-enabled devices, such as the HomePod, Apple TV, and Sonos speakers, complete with multi-room audio syncing. AirPlay 2 devices can also be controlled with Siri and appear in the Home app across iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch.
Additionally, starting today, over 70 Yamaha audio products will gain support for Actions on Google through an update to the MusicCast app, enabling voice control of compatible Yamaha devices via Google Assistant, either using the Google Home or an Android or iOS device with the Google Assistant app.
This article, "Yamaha Rolling Out AirPlay 2 Support to Select Home Audio Products Starting Later This Month" first appeared on MacRumors.com
Discuss this article in our forums