There's also a new Get Numbers input action for pulling numbers from text, and Get Time Travel includes more details like route name, arrival time, and distance. You can also now tap on the Library tab to get to the bottom of the shortcuts list more quickly.
Apple's full release notes for the new 2.2 Shortcuts update are below:
- Create and access Notes in your shortcuts with the new Create Note, Append to Note, Find Notes, and Show Note actionsThe Shortcuts app, introduced in iOS 12, is designed to allow iOS users to create multi-step shortcuts and automations using both first and third-party apps, with the shortcuts able to be activated using Siri commands.
- Pull out numbers from text using the new Get Numbers from Input action
- Tapping on the Library tab will now scroll to the bottom of your shortcuts list
- Get Travel Time now returns more details, including route name, arrival time, and distance
- Bug fixes and improvements
Through Shortcuts, for example, you can create an automation to do something like turn on the thermostat at home using the Nest app, text your roommate that you're on the way with Messages, and open up the Maps app with directions home all with a single "I'm going home" Siri command spoken when leaving work.
Shortcuts are deeply customizable, with Apple's Shortcuts app providing a gallery of Shortcut suggestions along with the tools to create your own.
This article, "Apple Releases Updated Version of Shortcuts With New Notes-Related Actions" first appeared on MacRumors.com
Discuss this article in our forums