At the event, which was held at the Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York City, Apple unveiled its fall iPad and Mac lineup. The company debuted overhauled iPad Pro models with an edge-to-edge display, no Home button, slim bezels, and a TrueDepth camera system for Face ID.
The new iPads, priced starting at $799 for the 11-inch model and $999 for the 12.9-inch model, feature USB-C instead of Lightning, have no headphone jack, and have a super fast A12X Bionic chip.
Apple also introduced a revamped $1,199 MacBook Air with a Retina display that features slimmer bezels, a smaller body, upgraded Amber Lake chips, a T2 chip, Touch ID, a third-generation Butterfly keyboard, a Force Touch trackpad, and Thunderbolt 3 ports.
The third major product that saw a debut at the October event was an upgraded Mac mini, now available in Space Gray with 8th-generation quad and 6-core Intel chips, up to 64GB RAM, up to 2TB storage space, Thunderbolt 3 support, and a T2 chip for enhanced security. Apple's new Mac mini is priced at $799.
We had extensive coverage of all of Apple's product unveilings yesterday, which is worth checking out in case you missed any of the tidbits that were announced. We've added links to our event-related articles below, so make sure to check those out.
- Apple Reveals New 11-Inch and 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Models With Slim Bezels and Face ID
- New 11 and 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Models Have No Headphone Jack
- 2018 iPad Pro Hands-On Impressions: 'Might Be the Truest Embodiment of a Tablet Yet'
- Apple Announces New Magnetic Apple Pencil Featuring Tap Gestures and Wireless Charging
- Apple Launches New USB-C Accessories for USB-C iPad Pro Models
- New Apple Pencil, Smart Keyboard Folio, and Smart Folio Accessories Now Up for Pre-Order
- Apple Pencil 2 Not Compatible With Older iPads and Original Apple Pencil Won't Work With New Models
- Apple's New iPad Pro Models Ship With 18W USB-C Power Adapter
- 2018 iPad Pro With 1TB Storage Has 6GB RAM, Lower Capacities Have 4GB
- AppleCare+ for New iPad Pro Models Priced at $130, Out-of-Warranty Repairs Cost Up to $649
- Apple's New iPad Lineup, from Mini to Pro: $329 to $1,899
- MacRumors Hands-On Photos of Apple's New iPad Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac mini
- Apple Announces New MacBook Air With 13-Inch Retina Display and Touch ID
- Apple's New MacBook Air Features Impressive Battery Life That Bests MacBook and MacBook Pro
- 2018 MacBook Air and Mac mini Hands-On: Long-Awaited Updates Don't Disappoint
- Apple Shares T2 Security Chip Guide Detailing Privacy Features 'Never Before Seen on Mac'
- Apple's New MacBook Air Uses MacBook-Class 5W Amber Lake Chips
- Apple Announces New Space Gray Mac mini With 4-Core or 6-Core Intel Processor and Up to 64GB RAM, Starting at $799
- A Maxed Out Mac Mini With Full Upgrades Will Cost You $4,200
- Apple Highlights Mac Mini Use in Live Concerts, Theater, and Data Centers
- Apple's New Mac Lineup, From Mini to iMac Pro: $799 - $13,199
These weren't part of the event, but Apple yesterday released major software updates for iOS devices, the Apple TV, Macs, and the Apple Watch, which you won't want to miss out on.
- Apple Releases iOS 12.1 With eSIM Support, Real-Time Depth Control, Group FaceTime, New Emoji and More
- iOS 12.1 Includes Addresses Two Major iPhone XS/XR Issues: 'BeautyGate' and Cellular Connectivity Problems
- Apple Releases macOS 10.14.1 With Group FaceTime and New Emoji
- Apple Releases tvOS 12.1 Update for Fourth and Fifth-Generation Apple TV
- Apple Releases watchOS 5.1 With New Color Watch Faces and Updated Emoji
- Apple Updates Shortcuts App With New Weather, Alarm, Conversion and Photos Options
- PSA: Group FaceTime's Video Chat Not Available on Older iOS Devices
- watchOS 5.1 Update Bricking Some Apple Watches
- Apple Online Store Lists Blackmagic eGPU 'Pro', Available Late November for $1,199
- Apple Quietly Announces AMD Radeon Pro Vega Graphics Options Coming to MacBook Pro
- Apple Quietly Eliminates Rose Gold 12-Inch MacBook
Apple's new iPad Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac mini models can be purchased now from the Apple online store, with the products set to be delivered starting on November 7.
Discuss this article in our forums